We want to be a movement of more and growing followers of Jesus, even in an era of crisis. Here’s a variety of tools and links our team recommends in this season.
1 - New Year
2 - Family Resources
- The Jesus Storybook Bible - Sally Lloyd Jones
- Single, Dating, Engaged, Married - Ben Stuart
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality - Pete Scazzero
- Spiritual Parenting - Michelle Anthony
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles that can Radically Change your Family - Paul David Tripp
- The Tech-Wise Family - Andy Crouch
- Meet Generation Z: Understanding and Reaching the New Post-Christian World - James Emery White
- Faith Begins At Home - Mark Holmen
- Hold Onto Your Kids - Gordon Neufeld
- Sticky Faith - Kara Powell, Chap Clark, et. al
- Grace Based Parenting - Tim Kimmel
Axis: Helps parents (and mentors) have ongoing conversations with students in order to lead adolescents into lifelong faith in Jesus.
Centre For Parent/Youth Understanding: Resources to help bridge the cultural-generational gap between adolescents and their parents.
Lifeteams: Resources to help walk alongside students, especially those in vulnerable or highly sensitive circumstances.
3 - Sharing Your Faith
4 - Crisis Resources
Crisis Services Canada / Canada Suicide Prevention Helpline (1-833-456-4566 or text 45645)
Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868)
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (1 800 463-2338)
5 - Jesus-centered music playlists on Central Heights Spotify + YouTube
6 - Video Bible Studies
7 - Bible Reading / Memorization
8 - Prayer Guides
9 - Speaking Life
Resources for women to help regarding pregnancy and/or post birth or post abortion:
Resources for men re post abortion:
- Condon, Guy & Hazard, David. Fatherhood Aborted: The Profound Effects of Abortion on Men
Resources to equip you in the Abortion/Pro-Life Conversation:
- Gray, Stephanie. Love Unleashes Life: Abortion and the Art of Communicating the Truth
- Pearcey, Nancy R. Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions About Life and Sexuality
- Johnson, Abby. Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader’s Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line.
- Klusendorf, Scott. The Case for Life: Equipping Christians to Engage the Culture