SERVE THE CITY WEEK is a time where our groups cease their regular meeting rhythm and actively engage in loving people and serving our city.
November 22-28, 2020
The goal: our city would experience the love of Jesus through the hands and feet and efforts of our groups.
Join in one of two ways:
1. Love your neighbour. Love your neighbourhood. Choose who and how you will serve as a group and do that during the week.
2. Register to serve - we've curated a list of service opportunities for you. Decide as a group which opportunity you'd like to engage in, register, and serve together during the week. (see list below)
5&2 Ministries Homeless Shelter
- Make and serve a hot breakfast
- Decorate living area for Christmas
- Serve hot chocolate/apple cider
- Give Christmas baking
- Sing Christmas carols
CYRUS CENTRE (at-risk youth)
- Make and drop off meals - Cyrus Centre Abbotsford is now scheduling our meals through the meal train website. If you would like to sign up to bring a meal, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Follow this link: </br />
Step 2: Click on the date you would like to bring a meal. The available dates are in green.
Step 3: Fill in your name, email, and the meal you will be cooking. You will receive a reminder email the day before you are scheduled.
Step 4: Bring your meal to 2616 Ware Street prior to dinner time at 6pm!
- Onsite cooking and relationship building
FOOD BANK INITIATIVES
- Run your own food drive benefitting Archway Foodbank
ARCHWAY FOOD BANK
- Food pick up
- Home delivery
- Food sorting
- Pray for people and different areas of our city in a guided way throughout the week
ENCOURAGE TEACHERS / POLICE
- Make bags filled with sweet treats & notes for teachers at a school you choose
- Send encouraging notes and treats to police officers
CARE FOR INDIVIDUALS/FAMILIES IN OUR CITY
- Landscape backyard
Hope Pregnancy Centre
- Adopt a young mother and child
- Help with car
- Tabor Home stockings for seniors
FAMILY BOX ASSEMBLY
- Assembling a care package for a family